Tuesday, March 6, 2012

ASK MARGUERITE

People are the same everywhere--or just-about-nearly-almost. When French boys and girls pluck daisy petals their chant is not, "He loves me, he loves me not," but rather "Il m'aime un peu, beaucoup, passionément, à la folie, pas du tout..." (He loves me a little, a lot, passionately, madly, not at all.)


Vocabulary
une marguerite:  a daisy
effleurer:  to delicately brush or touch
effleurer la marguerite:  to play "he loves me, he loves me not"

©2012 P.B. Lecron

2 comments:

  1. What a very nicely displayed, informative website! Ou, quelle belle website! I will start to use it to help me learn French. I just started with the 'effleurer la marquerite' description, which has helped me to understand what Mireille Belleau is saying in Episode 31 of 'French In Action'. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merci! That's music to my ears! And after visiting your page and listening to your slack guitar, I'd recommend others to have a back porch moment at your place: http://www.billcampbell.us/new/

    ReplyDelete